Lostcast 203: All Over the Mapcast
- Indie Game Sim
- Send me your IGS games
- Game Dev Treasure
- Enemy Design in Link to the Past
- Lostcast 202: How to Survive a Podcast Without a Hit
- Kingdom Rush
- Lostcast 12: Arnother Interview
- Jupiter Hell
- The Dark Spire Review
- Laser Time
- Matt plays your Indie Game Sim games
- You were played out by Galactic EQ Bands
Sounds like you guys should prototype some games either without graphics or instead with pre-existing assets. You could always just buy some cheap game dev assets (e.g. Oryx’s sprites) and plug those into the prototype if you think you might want to add graphics at a later date and want to have the engine infrastructure in place in advance.
I get the distinct impression from this latest episode that you’re both in more of an experimental game dev phase than focused on anything concrete. Anyway, interesting podcast as usual.