LDG online meetup?

• Patron

So, I was thinking, maybe we could organize a periodic LDG Google Hangout just to throw ideas out, chat and maybe play some games, just for fun!
    I’m aware of the issues we might have with timezones, but… Do you think it’s possible?

• Tiger Hat

I think it sounds fun! Maybe have it every month or so? Idk, what does everyone else think?

• Patron

I was actually thinking that, because of the different timezones we live in, it would be probably better to just make a permanent Google Hangout, like the Tigsource Hangout.
    This way, one could just hangout there (hangout on the hangout, hehe) whenever he can or feels like.
    Maybe you’ll find someone there, or maybe not.
    But we can organize bigger periodic reunions, for sure!

• Patron

I was actually thinking that, because of the different timezones we live in, it would be probably better to just make a permanent Google Hangout, like the Tigsource Hangout.
    This way, one could just hangout there (hangout on the hangout, hehe) whenever he can or feels like.
    Maybe you’ll find someone there, or maybe not.
    But we can organize bigger periodic reunions, for sure!

@T2norway @richtaur @geoffb @David @cheersphilip @sans_seraph
    I JUST DID IT!
    Here ya go, the LDG community hangout: http://goo.gl/ktjlzU

• LDG

Interesting! I’ve never heard of permanent hangouts. How do they work?

• Patron

Interesting! I’ve never heard of permanent hangouts. How do they work?

In a “normal” Hangout, when everyone exits the room, that Hangout ceases existing. So, everytime the room gets empty we have to create a new Hangout, which would have a different url.
    A permanent Hangout, in contrast, will always be there (actually, you have to choose a ending date for it. I choosed november 20th 2100) and will always have the same url.

• Patron

I was thinking about times when we can all Hangout together (taking out the weekends). This is what I got, so far:

7 PM for me, 12 AM for @geoffb and @richtaur , 11 PM for @T2norway and @David, 10 PM for @cheersphilip and 5 AM for @ken (but he’s not going to hangout with us anymore, is he? :’( )

What do you think?

• Patron

Well, now thinking better, I think it would be more helpful to post when we can Hangout, so, I’ll start:

During the week
    8 AM (GMT-3) to 11 AM.
    7 PM (GMT-3) to 10 PM.

Saturday
    8 PM to 11 PM (depending on the day).

Sunday
    ALL DAY LONG!

• Patron

I’m in right NAO!

• Tiger Hat

I would be too, if the hangout wasn’t in Portuguese!!
    No, the real reason i can’t be there right now is that I’m at work, behind a firewall. There is on PC on a broadband connection, but the keyboard is tiny :P
    I might be able to make it tonight, though… Although I might have a go after my lunch :)

• Tiger Hat

me too (a couple of hours later, but hey…)

• LDG

@joshuamorse has been trying to get me to hangout in an always-on Skype-type thing for ages ;) It’s fun but I can’t ever do it for long, as I never get any work done!

• Patron

I would be too, if the hangout wasn’t in Portuguese!!
    No, the real reason i can’t be there right now is that I’m at work, behind a firewall. There is on PC on a broadband connection, but the keyboard is tiny :P
    I might be able to make it tonight, though… Although I might have a go after my lunch :)

Oh, I didn’t pay attention to language options.
    There might be some way to fix that…

• Patron

I’m in!
    Please, come join me!

• Patron

Doing some Javascript coding rigth now!

• Tiger Hat

the latest xkcd should help with scheduling!

• Tiger Hat

Is this still going on?

• Patron

@Elite said:

Is this still going on?

The Hangout is still there, but there’s nobody in there :(

I’ll try to log in when I can!

• Patron

Hey guys, I’m in right now, I’m gonna do some Javascript coding while listening to VGM!

Join me will ya?

• Tiger Hat