Lostcast 195: All Casts Are Good Casts

• LDG

• It’s really great to hear the direction change on Soul Thief. I was actually shocked when I saw the Kickstarter trailer about a year ago and it didn’t have shooting despite the game being called a “twin stick shooter”. It’s understandable of course that you guys didn’t want to just rest on your laurels. There’s definitely been some great stuff to come out of the experimentation you did for the sequel, even if some of it didn’t stick.

Speaking of sequels and their performance, I was just watching this great panel about the “Indiepocalypse”. There are several panelists who expected their sequels, which were pretty clearly better games, to sell much better than the originals and that didn’t happen for various reasons. I’d be curious about your thoughts.

Finally, a tangent if you’ll indulge me. I wanted to mention again how big of an inspiration this podcast is. Next week, my game Golden Krone Hotel launches on Steam (just went through the final check, so all systems go) and I never thought I’d get here… and definitely wouldn’t have without hearing your story about using NW.js. I’ll send you guys some keys if you want to check it out. So thanks again for making such a consistent game dev podcast… you’re coming up on 200 episodes. I don’t know anything else like it!

• LDG

@jere said in Lostcast 195: All Casts Are Good Casts:

It’s really great to hear the direction change on Soul Thief. I was actually shocked when I saw the Kickstarter …

True yes it was bad. Now let us never speak of it again :)

Speaking of sequels and their performance, I was just watching this great panel about the “Indiepocalypse”. There are several panelists who expected their sequels, which were pretty clearly better games, to sell much better than the originals and that didn’t happen for various reasons. I’d be curious about your thoughts.

Have you heard Lostcast 187: Crowcast? There was a listener question about sequels that we covered there. LMK if there’s something particular you were curious about.

Finally, a tangent if you’ll indulge me. I wanted to mention again how big of an inspiration this podcast is. Next week, my game Golden Krone Hotel launches on Steam (just went through the final check, so all systems go)

Wow! Huge congrats on the Steam launch. That is definitely a major achievement and a game dev level up. High-five friend.

I never thought I’d get here… and definitely wouldn’t have without hearing your story about using NW.js. I’ll send you guys some keys if you want to check it out. So thanks again for making such a consistent game dev podcast… you’re coming up on 200 episodes. I don’t know anything else like it!

Totally yeah I love trading Steam keys, feel free to shoot an email and we’ll do that. I’m also happy to mention your game on the podcast after launch. Aww thanks for the kind words about Lostcast. Encouragement and motivation like that really is what powers the show these days.

I’m excited for you! I hope the launch goes well.