Game jam engine

• I’m making a game jam engine in HTML5/JS. It will be pretty barebones, but will contain a great dev experience and a game lifecycle. Is this crazy, or do you guys think there will be any interest in this?

• Tiger Hat

A game jam engine as in an engine made during a game jam or an engine that is better suited for game jams somehow?

• Yeah, the latter. Like a mini-engine where you just put in content in the game loop. I already have it ready, but… I’ve been thinking about it some more. Could just be better to create a Phaser template. Maybe one of these already exists?

• After playing with Phaser the last couple of days I have to say my idea is moot. It didn’t take me long to set up a dev pipeline, adding redux, ES6 and a dist build. It would be a waste of time doing it myself :)

• LDG

That’s a worthwhile conclusion! The “built here” mentality is tough to fight back, but there are plenty of great tools out there that already do stuff.

Maybe a tutorial on “how to user Phaser to gamejam quickly” or whatnot. Anyway good for you for investigating etc.!