Lost Decade Discord Server?

• Hi Lost Decaders / LDC folk / Decadians / Lost Peeps!

I’m Josh, a 32 year old programmer, hobbyist game dev, father of 4, and casual gamer that enjoys hearing about what you guys do. Been a lurker for a long time, and I really like you guys, appreciate the cast, enjoy the conversations, topics, etc. So thanks up front for doing what you do and keep doing it! :)

I’ve heard you guys talk about playing HoTS and other Blizz games, steam games, play testing stuff, and wondered if you have considered opening up a Lost Decade Games Discord Server or something of the sort as a way to connect to play games or have more real-time discussions with some other like-minded folk/developers.

I’m not a social butterfly by any means, and my gaming / hobby dev time is already quite limited, but I figure if I can mind meld with some similar people it could draw inspiration or make gaming a bit more enjoyable than just queuing up solo all the time or iterating on a project idea in the dark.

Would this be a distraction to what you already do?
    Maybe it would deter from your forum content?
    Is anybody in this community even interested in this kind of thing?
    Perhaps this community doesn’t even want a real-time venue or everyone here is far more productive than I am to care. :)

Anyway… just a thought I’m throwing out there! If you guys do fire up a server, I’d love to hang out and check in and game or playtest with you guys! So let us know!

If not, I’m content with your weekly casting too. :)

Cheers!

• LDG

@Ralkarin said in Lost Decade Discord Server?:

I’m Josh, a 32 year old programmer, hobbyist game dev, father of 4, and casual gamer that enjoys hearing about what you guys do. Been a lurker for a long time, and I really like you guys, appreciate the cast, enjoy the conversations, topics, etc. So thanks up front for doing what you do and keep doing it! :)

Hey Josh! Welcome and thanks for listening. Good to have you.

I’ve heard you guys talk about playing HoTS and other Blizz games, steam games, play testing stuff, and wondered if you have considered opening up a Lost Decade Games Discord Server or something of the sort as a way to connect to play games or have more real-time discussions with some other like-minded folk/developers.

Yeah I’ve thought about starting a HotS club or something, part of me was waiting for the game to feel tired and for me to quit ;) But that still hasn’t happened! It’s a sticky game, that. Forgive my ignorance, but is a Discord Server different than what we’ve already made for chatting? Is there a different kind for gaming? (If you’re not in yet, here’s an invite to our Discord.)

Would this be a distraction to what you already do?

Probably, but sometimes distractions are welcome :)

Maybe it would deter from your forum content?

Not necessarily, I think they’re just different mediums. Some people prefer forums, others like realtime, etc.

Is anybody in this community even interested in this kind of thing?

Probably!

Perhaps this community doesn’t even want a real-time venue or everyone here is far more productive than I am to care. :)

That’s a big thing for me. I badly want to do more videos for YouTube, write more articles, play more games … only so much time. But! That’s no reason to not play games.

Thanks for the post. I do think we should set up a HotS date soon and see if we can at least get a group of 5 to wreck some havoc! Cool idea, let’s try some stuff.

• Can I get a discord invite too? :)

• LDG

They allow never-expiring invites now! https://discord.gg/jNHav65

• Ace, thanks