A Wizard's Lizard: Soul Thief unlocked everything!! ( Except bee hive :( )

• Jammer

I unlocked everything but the bee hive!
    Ulocked Content- about a minute thirty of buying the mystery egg and talking about unlocks…

This was a ton of fun!

Thanks for makin’ a great game guys :D

• LDG

NIce job! It’s gonna be hard to stay out in front with content, heh. :D

I think the Beehive isn’t unlockable at the moment. It was, but then we changed something. We’ll get that hooked up again soon.

Any thoughts on the ticket system? What about the rate of ticket acquisition?

• Patron

@geoffb said:

Any thoughts on the ticket system?

Not balance input, but - why “tickets”? Feels a bit unthematic and random. I envision it should be something of interest to the Wizard and that he’s the one rewarding Raga for bringing the stuff back. So, how about - mana?

• LDG

@David said:

Not balance input, but - why “tickets”? Feels a bit unthematic and random. I envision it should be something of interest to the Wizard and that he’s the one rewarding Raga for bringing the stuff back. So, how about - mana?

Our thinking was along the Toybox, what would you use to purchase toys? Prize tickets is what we came up with, but I guess it’s a house, not an arcade/fair/whatever. Mana seems a little generic (not that tickets aren’t!), maybe something more tongue-in-cheek…Wizard Bucks! :P

• Patron

@geoffb said:

Prize tickets is what we came up with, but I guess it’s a house, not an arcade/fair/whatever.

Aha! Might be a cultural thing; that concept isn’t known to me, I don’t recall ever coming across that on a fairground in these parts.

@geoffb also said:

Mana seems a little generic (not that tickets aren’t!), maybe something more tongue-in-cheek…Wizard Bucks! :P

You probably weren’t serious but it’s a much better suggestion than mana. :)

But probably a bit too similar to the regular gold that’s already in the game. So, what is a good fantasy trope item that a wizard would obviously want?

• LDG

@David It’s not as prevalent as when I was a kid, but there are arcades where you play games like Skee-ball and the better you play, the more tickets the machine will reward you with. Of course, it costs a bunch of real money to play and acquire tickets, like $0.50 per game. Players can then exchange their tickets for prizes/toys. The basic scam being that you’re grossly overpaying for a stuffed animal since the cost is abstracted through real money -> game -> tickets -> prize. :)

Skee-ball

• LDG

damn now I want to play skee-ball