What should we cover in an advanced Phaser course?

• We are planning on making an advanced course on Phaser and wanted to see if people have suggestions on topics that such a course would include. The idea is to go beyond the usual “how to make a XYZ clone in Phaser” type of tutorial, and focus on things that are needed for real games that are poorly covered in most tuts.

I know Phaser 3/Lazer is in the making, but it’ll probably be a while before it’s as mature for production. I think Phaser 2.x will continue to be used for quite a while still, specially if it reaches an LTS state. People appreciate stability in this chaotic JS world.

If you use Phaser and have some ideas for an intermediate/advanced course let me know!

• Jammer

I don’t know exactly, but I guess if I was going to look up a tutorial on using Phaser, I’d like to see how to implement specific methodologies. Like maybe entity component systems, or quad trees.

I saw advanced, so I went for some specific topics I consider advanced, but maybe that isn’t really what you guys are going for.

Anyway, best of luck, and I look forward to seeing the tutorial!

• Thanks man! Taking note of this. We were thinking of adding path finding, advanced particles, and also a lot of people have mentioned cloud integration.

• Jammer

Pathfinding would be great! I have specifically attempted to implement A-Star in my own projects, so I see an immediate benefit to tutorializing that process.

Great stuff! I look forward to seeing what you guys got :D

• If anyone’s interested in this project, we’ve been moving forward with it. The course is now ready for pre-order and module 1 is almost ready. Since the course is in the making, if you pre-order you can make suggestions in the course discussion area. I can’t promise we’ll include all suggestions but we’ll definitely look at them and discuss them: https://academy.zenva.com/product/advanced-game-development-with-phaser/?zva_src=ldg