Return of Raga (interest check)

• Tiger Hat

So… back when the first A Wizard’s Lizard was being updated, I worked on a sketch comic that acted as a novelization of the game, expanding upon the setting and characters (as well as introducing a few twists of my own).

The comic was actually greatly appreciated despite being made of sketches, leading to Richtaur and Geoffb actually requesting to make some of the elements I introduced canon to the setting. Needless to say, I was honored and accepted without hesitation.

Well, now with the development of a second game, I think it is time. Time to do two things.

The old comic was made of very quick sketches and due to being uploaded to Photobucket, I ran into hard space limits that stopped me from ever completed it. The sketches were also of a low quality compared to what I can draw.

I am thinking of recreating the comic, taking into account fixes to the setting (such as updated character designs due to the sequel). Most importantly, the story will be expanded to cover the sequel (once I get to that point). I’m also planning to use DeviantArt as the host site this time, thus preventing the page number limit that made my original version crash and burn from also killing this new project (as well as giving the setting greater visibility),

If the developers would like to see the return of this comic (and if the fans also want it to come back), I could go and indeed do so.

So… how about it? Shall I go on and draw the adventures of Raga, as I used to?

• Patron

• Jammer

@Mew I think that’d be really awesome! You have my support!

• LDG

… and my axe!!

• LDG

Would love to see the return of the comics!

• Tiger Hat

Well… since it seems there is interest, I think I’ll get started then!

But meanwhile… I made a few sketches as a teaser. Namely, showcasing the update to the art style compared to my older sketches.

Redesigns (Death, Raga, Lilly)

A Wizard Lizard 1 & 2 cover title mock-up (first draft)

Raga mid-resurrection (A Wizard’s Lizard 1 method)

Hopefully, the redesigns are improvements over the old sketches I posted.

• Jammer

Great stuff mew! I went back to see some of your older sketches and I have to say I really love how consistent all the images are! I have a ton of trouble replicating one image to another, but you do an excellent job of it. Also, I do enjoy the “redesign”, especially Raga mid-resurrection. I look forward to seeing more!