Art Jam-uary Contest

• LDG

Vox thanks for tolerating my confusion :D I hope you like this more than I do – I call it FROX

Frox

• Jammer

@richtaur

… ADORABLE. WHY CAN’T THESE BE REAL. T_T

Also, a nice new avatar! Thank you so much!

• Jammer

@richtaur nailed cute-ifying that Brachydios guy!

I need to say- I froxing love Frox! I cant stop laughing every time I look at it, and I mean that in the best way! Awesome job dude and no worries, Im very grateful you spent the time making this for me and am honored to have it as my profile pic :D

Thanks for all you guys do!

• Patron

OMG, Matt, you’re a genius!

• LDG

Aww thanks guys <3 YOU MUST USE THEM AS AVATARS OR just kidding feel free to bury them out back.

Maybe NEXT Jam-uary we’ll do GAMES!!

• Tiger Hat

@richtaur said:

Sounds fun!!

• Jammer

@richtaur said:

Aww thanks guys <3 YOU MUST USE THEM AS AVATARS OR just kidding feel free to bury them out back.

Lol, I feel like Frox would be the one burying me. He’s got that look in his eye. That “There can only be one” kinda look…

Jeez that would be a dream. I have a million things pushing me in the direction where I feel like seriously making games might be a real possibility for me, so by Jam-uary next year it would be just amazing to have a legit game jam!

• Tiger Hat

@Vox said:

Jeez that would be a dream. I have a million things pushing me in the direction where I feel like seriously making games might be a real possibility for me, so by Jam-uary next year it would be just amazing to have a legit game jam!

DO IT NOW.

Seriously.

http://www.onegameamonth.com/

There are plenty of people here who can help you through, but if you don’t start NOW you’ll never start.

• Jammer

@salmonmoose you’ve motivated me numerous times to get started with something, so I’ll let you in on a little secret… I’m working on some stuff. It’s not meant to be anything big, but I’ve been spending a few hours on it a week for the last month or so. I’ll be sure to throw something up here when I have something worth showing- but for now it’s barely anything let alone a game. I’ll keep you posted though.

The italics are me whispering to you bee tee double-yu.
    bee
    tee
    dubs

• Tiger Hat

@salmonmoose said:

http://www.onegameamonth.com/

There are plenty of people here who can help you through, but if you don’t start NOW you’ll never start.

That’s actually super cool! Do you participate in this? Does anybody else here?

• Tiger Hat

@fallse7en said:

That’s actually super cool! Do you participate in this? Does anybody else here?

Sadly, I have too many “real” projects and not enough time to make 1GAM work - but it’s a great starting place - pumping out 12 prototypes a year is a fairly solid number, and a one month turn-around helps stop the Science Based Dragon MMO nonsense. (We’re all guilty of having a project that has a scope that is far to broad to ever be completed).

My Schtick is Ludum Dare it’s a bit more intense (I do the 48 hour jam).