Favorite Games of 2015

• LDG

With all the “Top N Games of 2015” articles floating around, I thought it would be interesting to hear about everyone’s personal favorites. Here’s mine, in no particular order:

• Tiger Hat

I’ll try to do a top 10:

1. Heroes of the Storm
    2. Undertale
    3. Hand of Fate
    4. Flamebreak
    5. Hotline Miami 2
    6. Darkest Dungeon (cheating, technically still in Early Access)
    7. Out There
    8. Legacy of the Void
    9. Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    10. Rampage Knights

• LDG

Embarrassingly this list is practically “the games I actually played in 2015”

HotS
    Hotline Miami 2
    Fallout 4
    Guacamelee

• Tiger Hat

Well how about the Top X Games that I bought and played in 2015. I’m often behind on getting too many of the latest releases.

Anyway, that’s what my list is, favorites that I can remember playing this year and also likely bought this year (tho the memory fades)…

Darkest Dungeon
    Invisible, Inc.
    Fallout 4
    Hotline Miami (1)
    Spintires
    Witcher 3

of course I bought more (damn steam summer sale) and maybe played more, but they didn’t stand out this year

I should also mention that while I’ve had AWL 1 for some time, I haven’t played it much. The other night I gave it a go and had some fun, beat the Zombie Warlord for the first time. So maybe it counts for 2015 too :D

• Jammer

AWL 1 is the newest game I own. That Zombie Warlord got whats comin’ to him. Good job sir. I actually really enjoy tactical RPG’s probably my favorite genre- now that invisible inc. is on two people tops lists I may have to pick it up.

• Tiger Hat

1. Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    2. AWL1 (honestly, I’d probably play this more than BoI except BoI lets me play a couple of rooms, quit out, and resume later whereas I need to dedicate a solid hour+ to AWL)
    3. Hotline Miami
    4. Rogue Legacy

Whoa, really took a turn from AAA games to indie games this year.

• Patron

Undertale

• Patron

UNDERTALE

• Patron

UNDERTALE

• Patron

(and Hotline Miami 2)

• LDG

@fallse7en said:

1. AWL1 (honestly, I’d probably play this more than BoI except BoI lets me play a couple of rooms, quit out, and resume later whereas I need to dedicate a solid hour+ to AWL)

Good news! AWL2 will have that feature :)

• Tiger Hat

@richtaur said:

Good news! AWL2 will have that feature :)

Yayy!

• Tiger Hat

I’ve been a bit lax in playing new games this year, so my list is “Favorite Games I’ve PLAYED in 2015”.

• LDG

@anthony Alphabear is really good! @Macaronee loves it.

• @geoffb King’s Quest. As a loong time fan of Sierra games, I’m happy there’s a new one that carries the torch forward. A Wizards Lizards adventure game. I’d buy that in a hearbeat.

• LDG

@sven said:

@geoffb King’s Quest.

Oh man I loved those game as a kid, Quest for Glory, too. If memory serves, we didn’t have the right computer so I had to play them at a friend’s house. Also, welcome to the forum :)

• Quest for glory was awesome. I played them to death & I’m anxiously waiting for Hero U :)
    And thanks - I figured it was time to finally pay a visit. You guys rock.

• Tiger Hat

It’s odd, even as such a solid PC gamer, I never could get into Sierra adventures. I always found them dry, and a bit unfair (particularly the King’s Quest deaths for walking on the wrong pixel). I was hugely into LucasArts games however, and retrospectively, I would say they had a more modern game design.

I’m going to give a shout out to some games:

Satellite Reign - a spiritual successor to Syndicate, open world, real time tactical cyberpunk awesomeness.

Sublevel Zero - Descent is back in fashion, this is a great Rogue-like take on six-degrees-of-freedom shooters.

TIS-100 - Because programming for a day job, and hobby aren’t enough.

Dirt Rally - what more can I say, I enjoy throwing myself down the side of a mountain with little to no control, rally done right, without the flash, or the dude-bro.

• @salmonmoose LucasArts definitely had better games, at least later on. I like them both. What I found the most enchanting about the Sierra games was the atmosphere and the feeling of playing a real adventure. It’s was pure magic. Just look at the cover art

alt text

It helped that I started playing these games when I was 12 years old and played them (every single adventure game they ever released) as they were published. They became a part of my life growing up. I still have the floppies lying around.

• Patron

I got Trine 2 as part of a Humble Bundle deal last year. I enjoyed it.