NW.js licensing

• Can anyone explain or point me to a resource explaining the licensing behind shipping NW.js games? I have someone who just looked at the “credits.html”, found some GPL’d libraries, and reasonably expected that I would have to GPL my code. I really have no clue on this. The whole thing looks like a blackbox and I don’t see any explanation anywhere, but I assume all the commercial games using NW.js aren’t shipping with GPL…

• Tiger Hat

NW.js looks like it’s under MIT licence, are the libraries within NW.JS?

This seems like the most relevant information: https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/blob/nw13/LICENSE

At the end of the day, the reality is GPL only counts against changes you made to the libraries, not code that attaches to them. If you have forked the libraries, then you should probably publish your repo publicly for that fork, but not your game.

• You’ve posted the license, yes, but that’s just for the tool, NW, itself. I didn’t know if there was a difference between the licensing of the tool and what it generates.

• Jammer

You’re using nw.js in the same way you might use jquery, or debugging tools, or whatever. You’re not republishing nw.js as a proprietary application, so you’re fine.