A Wizard's Lizard 2 Kickstarter is Live!

• LDG

We just launched our Kickstarter campaign for A Wizard’s Lizard 2!

A Wizard's Lizard 2

We appreciate any and all support, including forum posts, tweets, retweets and just spreading the word :)

#SHIPIT

• Patron

Aaaahhh… may I ask for a $10 soundtrack only reward, please?

• LDG

@Josue said:

Aaaahhh… may I ask for a $10 soundtrack only reward, please?

I’m sure @joshuamorse will be selling the OST on Bandcamp post-launch. You could back for whatever and then pickup the OST when it’s ready. :D

• Tiger Hat

Looking forward to how this develops

• LDG

haha we’ll getcha the OST @josue ;) love dat passion for music!

• Tiger Hat

Backed. Best of luck.

• LDG

@Elite said:

Backed. Best of luck.

Thanks!

• Patron

The campaign page looks really sweet! Excellent work, guys! Break a leg!

• Patron

I think I was backer #3 and the first to post a comment. Do I get a trophy?

Noticed that Lava Blade did not make a pledge tier. You are leaving money on the table! :-D

• Tiger Hat

Currently awaiting an invoice to be paid (I’m sure you guys know the feeling…) and then I’ll be backing! :)

(BTW I’d kill for a lost decade t-shirt or vinyl stickers with the new logo on them.)

• Jammer

Actually to be honest, I could go for a Lost Decade T-Shirt as well.

Maybe a Raga plushy? Plushies are all the rage these days.

• Patron

@geoffb said:

I’m sure @joshuamorse will be selling the OST on Bandcamp post-launch. You could back for whatever and then pickup the OST when it’s ready. :D

Well, you see, I want to support you guys, and I certainly want the soundtrack, but…
    I’m not actually entirely sure yet whether I want the game or not.

Don’t get me wrong, being a backer a beta tester on AWL 1 was awesome (am I the only one who actually enjoyed the log casts?), but the game itself was actually kind of a disappointment for me, and that’s absolutely in no way a fault of yours.

As soon as I saw the Kickstarter trailer, I started building the false expectation that AWL was going to be pretty much like Onslaught: a fun top down shooter game where you shoot some shit and stuff.
    Of course, it ended up being much more than that, but…
    Aaahh… I just don’t have much of an appreciation of roguelikes, ya know?

I’m not, by any stretch of the imagination, saying that AWL was bad nor that I think AWL 2 is gonna be bad. I’m just not sure whether it will be a kind of game I can enjoy or not.

" But then you could either back now and get the soundtrack later or get the $25 pack! ", you say. And while that’s totally true, I just don’t feel like spending that amount of money in a game that might end up as a digital dust collector in my Steam library.
    Of course, the following information is in no way related to you but… the Dollar to Real rate right now is absurdly high. A few weeks ago, a Dollar was worth something around R$ 3,40. Yesterday, the ratings closed at R$ 3,60. After some announcements today about the Government bursting their budget, it’s at freaking R$3,70! It hasn’t been that high since 2002! Heck, I remember it reaching R$ 1,80 in 2008!

Long story short is: I LOVE you guys and I love Joshua Morse, but I don’t like your games that much, and I’m poor, so, I might not be able to back AWL 2 too soon, but I’m almost definitely going to.

• LDG

I also want LDG tees with the new logo! Plushies sound great, too. @Macaronee was talking to me about Raga plushies very recently. Physical goods are tough for a Kickstarter, but I’d love to find a way to make those a reality someday.

@Josue No worries! We’re very aware that we have a disconnect between a lot of our developer-focused fan base and our games. Also, we know money can be tight, so don’t sweat it.

• Jammer

I know these things are a lot of work, but I feel like the video was kinda short and lacked fluff to it. You showed some interesting new things like the furnace boss, the tounge grapple, etc. But I feel like it should of had some combat in there, and more actiony things. Unless there aren’t going to be those, and i’ve mis understood :)

Anyways, congrats, and hope it gets funded!

• LDG

thanks for all the support you guys !! wow

@agmcleod agreed, and appreciate the feedback. In the cold light of day we are realizing that it’s also lacking a real hook to pull people in… even after several months we probably pulled the trigger too early. agony!!

@josue !!! you provide so much enthusiasm and awesomeness it’s worth a $1,000,000 pledge. no, more zeroes!! thank you, seriously

• Tiger Hat

I think that it’s fun that in 2015 the wizard’s table with a couple of cups is replaced by some dice and a bong.

art

No wonder he’s keeping a chest full of curses in his house, he’s HIGH :)

• Patron

You guys are currently averaging ~$1,000/day. That’s cool. However, this metric needs to be closer to ~$1,700/day to make your goal. You’ve probably already tapped your most loyal fans (us). I expect you are watching those numbers and news mentions like a hawk. Zero game dev is going to get done this month. $50,000 is riding on making this happen.

I can’t think of a more stressful situation. I don’t have any advice. I’m horrible at selling and fundraising. I’m just marveling at the lack of sleep you will be getting. Perhaps buy some beers and listen to some Enya?

I wish you the best of luck.

• Jammer

Enya has serenaded me through the tougher times in life. My hopes lay with your success.

I was actually wondering how KickStarter bubbles things up. Since you guys launched I have been checking the KickStarter a couple times a day, and scrolling to see how far I have to go to see AWL2, and it irks me that it is so incredibly far down the list. I was hoping there is some KickStarter SOP that you start low, end high, but it isn’t clear, at least not to me, where the correlation is between your spot in the list and where your campaign is at in general.

• LDG

@dannagle yeah, and after the first couple of days a healthy campaign should be at around 25% funded, which puts ours on an unsuccessful path. We’ve been doing lots of panicking and soul-searching the last couple of days. Stressful indeed.

really really really appreciate your input, support, and ya know just hanging out here with us. Means a lot to us and makes these stressful situations less so.

We’re behind on pushing out an update to AWL1, including a CTA for the AWL2 Kickstarter. Remains to be seen if that’ll move the needle much. Some other ideas are floating around too, but it’s going to be an uphill battle without the possibility of something magical happening, like, say being played by a prominent streamer/tuber isn’t possible without a playable demo ;)

Rough waters ahead!

• Tiger Hat

@richtaur

I have a very important question…

I intend to make a major pledge but… will this be available on a service that is NOT Steam?

I absolutely despise Steam for its always online and offline-in-name-only traits and will not buy (or support) the game if it is the onloy option for it.

So… can we get to play the game WITHOUT Steam?

(Also, yes, I have decided to show a sign of life! OMG! ^w^

I do look forward to returning to A Wizard’s Lizard world to say the least. So I REALLY hope the anwser to my question is “Yes, there’s a non-Steam version in the works”)

EDIT: Read the Kickstarter and well… you’re getting a pledge! ^w^

• Patron

Wohohow! Mew’s alive! :D

Where have you been? And what have you done to @Macaronee and @Affordable_Desk?

P.S: Steam’s the future.