A Wizard's Lizard 2 Kickstarter

• LDG

September 1st, 2015

A huge thanks to everyone for being part of our community and supporting us. We’re looking forward to creating more scaly adventures for Raga and his Wizard. We hope you’ll join us on Kickstarter for A Wizard’s Lizard 2 on September 1st, 2015!

• Tiger Hat

• Patron

I was thinking about the suffix “2”, which might be a deterrent for those who never played the first game. Have you considered other ways to capitalise on the IP in a more newcomer-friendly way?

I don’t have a (good) suggestion, but somethink like; “A wizard’s lizard: <insert subtitle here>”, or perhaps “A wizard’s lizard’s <something>”, or “<something something> a wizard’s lizard”.

Catch up PS: Hi guys! Loving the increased game design focus on the podcast! The streams are excellent! New logo is beautiful! Excellent work all around, and best of luck on the Kickstarter!

• Jammer

raga so cute and innocent when he’s sleeping. Definitely not the sword throwing savage, grabbing with tongue badass that we know him as.

• LDG

@David said:

I was thinking about the suffix “2”, which might be a deterrent for those who never played the first game. Have you considered other ways to capitalise on the IP in a more newcomer-friendly way?

We did yeah, we discuss everything to death ;) Our thinking first off was that AWL is already a mouth full. I think second it might confuse some people, like is this a sequel, or just a DLC or something? We wanted it to be very clear that it’s a brand new (better!) game.

Definitely agreed that the “2” might turn some people off, esp if they hadn’t heard of the first game. We talked about how games like Skyrim effectively gave themselves new names, but are also part of a bigger franchise (Elder Scrolls). Both approaches have merit but we mostly went with 2 to keep it simple.

Catch up PS: Hi guys! Loving the increased game design focus on the podcast! The streams are excellent! New logo is beautiful! Excellent work all around, and best of luck on the Kickstarter!

Hi!! Aww, thanks for the kind words. Whatcha been up to??