'Merchant Murderer' Achievement Issue

• First and foremost, excellent game! I’ve had a great time working through it and have appreciated the active development and tweaks that have gone into it recently.

With the 2.3.0 patch, the line “Fix bug causing players to not receive credit for kills with totems or explosions” gave me a lot of hope that I’d finally be able to finish out the Merchant Murderer achievement – I had been killing them quite often with totem damage prior to that and thought it had to be the reason I wasn’t getting the achievement credit.

Alas, I’ve done quite a few winning runs (at least two since 2.3.1 was released a few days ago) where I’ve absolutely killed 12 merchants, but I’m still not getting the achievement. I think there may be another bug in play here that’s preventing it and was hoping for some help.

Just to ensure I’m not crazy, I jotted down on paper a few runs ago each time I would kill a merchant. There are one each in the Cemetery levels, one on Sewers 1, four in the Den of Thieves, another on Sewers 3, and then three across the Mausoleum levels. Those are the twelve.

My method for killing is usually just auto attacks (been playing the Engineer a lot lately, so using his default weapon) combined with a Freeze Totem.

Please let me know if there’s anything I can be doing to help debug this a bit, it’s a bit annoying to have it as the last locked achievement and to know that I’ve legitimately completed it several times over already.

Thanks!

• LDG

@jamesgmills Welcome to the forum. :)

Thanks for the kind words, always makes our day to hear that people are enjoying the game. I could have sworn that the Merchant Murderer achievement was fixed, sorry about that. I’ll dig into the code and see what’s going on there.

If I can reproduce the problem, it’ll likely be an easy fix. If not, we can start looking at other ways to debug such as having you send me your save game file so we can see if there’s an issue there. For the time being, just hang tight and I’ll try to get it sorted out ASAP.

• LDG

@jamesgmills Just a heads up, I’ve identified the bug causing the Merchant Murderer achievement to be unobtainable. It’ll be fixed in 2.4 which I’ll try to get on the beta channel early next week after I fix a couple other issues.

• @geoffb Yay! Thank you!

• I played one run with the new update. I now have all of the new achievements, but still no Merchant Murderer, haha. Can I send my savegame file or help in another way?

• LDG

Oh no! Another user posted in the Steam forums that Merchant Murderer was working for them, so perhaps there is something wrong with your data. Please go ahead and send your save files to geoff@lostdecadegames.com. The save file locations per OS are listed in our FAQ.

Sorry for the trouble, hopefully we can get this fixed for you.

• It’s not a big deal. I appreciate that you’re trying. And, sure, not going to rule out the possibility that I’m bugged in a very unique and personal way. That would be my luck! Sending one over ASAP, thanks.