What games are you looking forward to playing?

• LDG

Some of mine:

• Hotline Miami 2
    • Crackdown 3
    • Darkest Dungeon
    • Nuclear Throne
    • Owlboy
    • Whatever the next Fallout is

(note: prolly not gonna play anything in early access)

What about you?

• Patron

@richtaur said:

• Owlboy

HECK YEAH!

• Hotline Miami 2

OMG! YUUUSSSSH!

• Patron

@richtaur Project Skirmish?

• LDG

haha! you’ll probably be waiting a long time on that one ;)

• Tiger Hat

Didn’t know there was a Crackdown 3, but love that series.

Already got Darkest Dungeon, great game! (I kickstarted that one).

I’m onboard with next Fallout unless they go like the Elder Scrolls series and decide that MMO is somehow better than Single Player RPG (in case you’re wondering, no its not)

So therefore I’m looking forward to the next Single Player Elder Scrolls series.

I just got into a game that I am really enjoying called Hand of Fate, just out of early access on 2/18. This one I actually suggest you take some inspiration from for Project Skirmish. It does a wonderful job IMO of just that, tying skirmish battles together with some cool RPG/CCG elements.

Another one on my wishlist is Super Chibi Knight which just looks like fun and has a wonderful game dev story. (Father & Daughter team)

• Dwarf Fortress (I know, it’s already out, but I’m still looking forward to it)

So I have a bit of learning ahead of me…

• Patron

@Warspawn said:

Another one on my wishlist is Super Chibi Knight

Yep!

• Patron

@Faison said:

Dwarf Fortress

Haha, I’ve lost the count of how many times I’ve opened DF, pressed a couple o’ keys and cried silently.

• Tiger Hat

Looking forward to:
    Darkest Dungeon (already have it and have slain all the bosses, but looking forward to the inclusion of new classes, opening of the Cove and Darkest Dungeon, and extra polish)
    Nuclear Throne
    Hotline Miami 2
    Banner Saga 2
    Killing Floor 2
    BoI: Afterbirth
    Bedlam

• Jammer

AWL2

Yup. That’s the list.

• LDG

@Vox said:

AWL2
    Yup. That’s the list.

haha awww <3

Hey it’s been almost a year so let’s see how I did:

• Hotline Miami 2

Beat it, liked it, the original is a bit better IMO.

• Crackdown 3

Not out yet (?) and I don’t intend on getting an Xbone, so …

• Darkest Dungeon

Talked about it on the podcast! It’s very cool, very dark, very punishing. I’ll give it another shot.

• Nuclear Throne

Pretty fun for a daily play kind of game. Quick to get into. Too messy and much of the time I’m unsure what hurt me or why I died, but the chaos is still enjoyable.

• Owlboy

Not out yet, 23 years later ;)

• Whatever the next Fallout is

Honestly Fallout 4 lost me with its expansive (and tacked-on) building/crafting/WTF mechanics. Hard to use, hard to ignore, really distracts from the game’s core competency IMO.

I … I really like video games :3

• Jammer

@richtaur said:

Maybe this isn’t a topic for this thread, so I’ll practice my brevity here, but I’ve talked about this in such depth with so many people.

Good games, bad games, long games, short games whatever it may be- games are just the most enthralling experience/topic I can think of. I mean just something as seemingly simple as Tetris has a world of human behavior paradigms wrapped into some blocks that form lines. I mean, isn’t that just crazy? Isn’t it nuts that there is something inside of us that compels us to achieve things that honestly have no real effect on our livelihood? Now I know that the deeper you get the more the explanations and theorizing can point to all sorts of instinctual primitive patterns or whatever, but wow it amazes me how willing I am to step into someone else’s world, try to figure out their puzzles, test their boundaries, and inevitably based on a myriad of factors that are occurring even from the moment the first graphic hits my eyes, I have weighed if this game is for me or not. It’s just amazing to dissect a game to pieces, or to take it all in as one large machine, but even some of the smallest details can make one experience stand out over another.

In summary; Games are incredibly intriguing to me, and I don’t know how to formulate proper sentence structure.

• Patron

@richtaur said:

• Hotline Miami 2

Beat it, liked it, the original is a bit better IMO.

Yeah, I also have some mixed feelings about HLM2…
    Overall, I think that, if you cut out the boring segments, it’s better than the original, but…

• Owlboy

Not out yet, 23 years later ;)

:(

Sad but true…

And that’s our problem Matt, that’s our problem…

@Vox said:

[…] and I don’t know how to formulate proper sentence structure.

Haha, same.
    The struggle is real!

• Patron

Here’s my updated 2016 list, in order of hype realness:

• Cryamore - can’t go wrong with some Aivisura tunes as a soundtrack!
    • Eastward OMG, this looks so fucking pretty!
    • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - I guess it’s pretty obvious by now I can’t get enough of Castlevania, and this game has everything that matters to be a great “Castlevania” game: Michiru Yamane, the legend in her own story, Igarashi, the man himself and FUCKING VIRT!
    • Heart Forth, Alicia - Metroidvania? Pixel art? Oh noes, this game is meeting all my standards!
    • Iconoclasts - Metroidvania? Pretty pixel-art? You dirty indies have found my sweet spot!
    • Owlboy - hope is the last thing you’re taking from me!
    • How to be a Tree - I have no fucking clue what this game is and I have to believe neither does the developer.
    • Skytorn - Metroid, pixel art, etc, etc…
    • Else Heart.Break() Hacking? Cell shading? Oh noes, this game also meets all of my standards!
    • Band Saga Procedurally generated levels based on user-created music? Count me in!
    • Indivisible - 2.5D platforming, that’s my jam!
    • Jotun - Woah, that’s what I call a pretty game!

• Tiger Hat

I’m hoping to pick these games up soon:

• Nuclear Throne - Northernlion’s playthroughs made this game look pretty fun.
    • The Witness - Puzzle game that sounds really challenging/rewarding. Also, it’s visually gorgeous judging by the screenshots I’ve seen.

Games I’ve bought recently but haven’t gotten a chance to try:

• Dead Rising 3 - Loved the first two, hoping to continue loving the series!
    • Shadow of Mordor - Batman-style fighting set in LOTR, and also the nemesis system sounded pretty cool.
    • WWE2k16 - Ummm…I had good memories of playing wrestling games back on the N64 and I just recently got an XboxOne so…yea. I don’t really know what to expect with this one.

EDIT: Actually, just saw this one on Reddit - looks extremely interesting! A top-down Dark Souls-inspired game.

EDIT x2: Just thought of another one - Rocket League for XboxOne is coming out in February so I plan on picking that up as well! Seems like an awesome couch multiplayer experience!

• Tiger Hat

@Josue said:

@Faison said:

Dwarf Fortress

Haha, I’ve lost the count of how many times I’ve opened DF, pressed a couple o’ keys and cried silently.

This has also been my experience with DF.

• Patron

@fallse7en said:

• The Witness - Puzzle game that sounds really challenging/rewarding. Also, it’s visually gorgeous judging by the screenshots I’ve seen.

Oh, heck yeah!

Wait… 40 dollars? Really?
    Huh… okay then, I guess…

• Tiger Hat

@Josue said:

@fallse7en said:

Oh, heck yeah!

Wait… 40 dollars? Really?
    Huh… okay then, I guess…

Yeah, I’m waiting for a sale as well. From everything I’ve heard, it’s well worth the $40, but I try to purchase all my games at $20 or lower (preferably more around $5-10).

• Patron

Yeah, like, I’m not saying the game is not worth 40 dollars, but… do you know how many games I can buy with that on a Steam sale?!

Several!

You know, more than one game?

• Tiger Hat

This is a bit depressing, off the top of my head, for me, this year is pretty much:

Doom - Early reviews suggest they may have got this right, a break from modern shooter shoot-reload-regen and a return to the Doom/Quake health as a resource blood-bath. Possibly not quite frenetic enough, but I’ve been diving into Brutal Doom lately, and it feels surprisingly modern.

No Man’s Sky - Elite’s learning curve is a little to steep, and I just want to faff about in space.

• LDG

@salmonmoose No Man’s Sky does look pretty freaking awesome.