Play Challenge Mode, a free content update

• LDG

Raga

Challenge Mode is now available in A Wizard’s Lizard! In this FREE update, guide Raga through death-defying scenarios which will test your skill in all aspects of the game.

This content update includes a new, unlockable character, Xam, a cameo from our previous games. Xam is trapped in one of the challenges, waiting to be rescued.

Challenge Mode tracks the time it takes you to complete scenarios, awarding you with bronze, silver, and gold trophies. Once you hit gold, you can continue to try and beat your own best time.

As always, we’re happy to get feedback and bug reports in the Steam community forum. We’re constantly working on improving the game and addressing stability and performance issues.

Our plan is to release more challenge mode scenarios in the coming months.

Game on!

• Patron

What about the Humble Version?
    Badass raga really wants to visit the Challenge Mode…

• Tiger Hat

Dang, Raga got a little pudgy.

Great update! The ones I’ve played thus far have been fun.

• LDG

@Josue I’m sending Humble the new builds shortly!

• I got gold in all but the Boss Rush for now. My favourite so far was the Arena.

• LDG

Humble builds are updated now, too!

• Patron

@geoffb said:

Humble builds are updated now, too!

Yeeeees!

• Tiger Hat

Well, this should definitely be fun!

Do the game’s Challenge Mode got a “perfect” medal not unlike the Pikmin serie’s challenge mode? (get a platinum medal if you get everything!.. but do it without losses and you get a perfect flower medal)

AKA if you clear a Challenge Mode without taking damage, you get a “perfect” medal on top of the time-based medal?

(and I’m not bothered by pudgy Raga ; given he’s been a pet his entire life and not some kind of combat beast companion, I think it’s actually logical ; it’s how I portray him in my comic, after all)

• LDG

We almost added a “Flawless Victory” award but at least one challenge already requires taking damage/dying, so it didn’t jive with the design.

I was actually looking at your Raga drawings when I did that one :) Canon Raga design probably has a smaller body but for some reason I wanted to do more detail this time.

• Penguin

@richtaur said:

We almost added a “Flawless Victory” award but at least one challenge already requires taking damage/dying, so it didn’t jive with the design.

@geoffb: (blah blah blah) and there will be an achievement for not taking damage.
    me: but what about the one where you have to die for the puzzle?
    @geoffb: … oh, right. damn it.

• LDG

good call!

• Tiger Hat

TIL Macaronee is the voice of reason for LDG

• Patron

Ragatron has been updated to support the latest Humble Bundle:
    http://ragatron.com/

Challenge Mode just got a little easier!

• Tiger Hat

Just decided to give it a try, the fire one is hard. Are there supposed to be any enemies in the Mausoleum? Got a silver on the Fan one…

I think the Mausoleum is bugged.

• LDG

@Warspawn said:

Just decided to give it a try, the fire one is hard. Are there supposed to be any enemies in the Mausoleum? Got a silver on the Fan one…

I think the Mausoleum is bugged.

The Mausoleum is more of a puzzle challenge than a combat challenge. That’s come up a few times now, so perhaps I need to make that more clear somehow.