Item suggestion thread

• Tiger hat.

• Tiger Hat

I suggested this thread to Desk when I saw this tweet: https://twitter.com/LostDecadeGames/status/489096898200870912. Hopefully we’re not too late to the party.

But come on, Desk, you have to be more creative than that.

Item Name: Tiger Hat
    Appearance: Geoff’s Tiger Hat
    Item Description: But one of ten mystical tiger hats. To attain them all demands perfection. Increases all stats a little. Equipped to Head Slot.

Item Name: Boots of Major Haste
    Appearance: Snazzy looking boots
    Item Description: Make you go faster, Faster, FASTER! Increases speed, decreases sprint cooldown. Equipped to feet.

Item Name: Insubstantial, or How I stayed Alive While Dead
    Appearance: Purple book with a spooky ghost on cover
    Item Description: A little known book by specter Hidan Nightfall. Increases speed and damage resistance (or health) while dead.

Item Name: Totem of Multiple Explosions
    Appearance: A totemish totem
    Item Description: Explodes with two smaller explosions before exploding with a slightly larger one. Overall does less damage than the original exploding totem but good against groups of lower health enemies.

Item Name: Charm of the Valorous
    Appearance: A charm that looks even snazzier than the boots of major haste
    Item Description: Increases damage taken. Not for the faint of heart.
    NOTE: Essentially increases difficulty somewhat artificially by making the player less hardy. Should be available for purchase in the shop at no cost.

Item Name: Greater Hunting Spear
    Appearance: Hunting spear with a blood-stained head
    Item Description: A weapon with greater range than swords that also does increased damage to bats and owls.
    NOTE: For people who complain about owls.

• Tiger Hat

@Elite said:

come on, Desk, you have to be more creative than that.

@Elite said:

Item Name: Totem of Multiple Explosions
    Appearance: A totemish totem

Looks like you’ve already got it covered.

• LDG

Yay ideas, thanks! The Tiger Hat is good one. I had an idea for an “Owl Slayer” that basically one-shots owls ;) It seems like also we need overpowered rings to compete with Multi-strike Ring.

• Tiger Hat

Item Name: Ring of Dexterity
    Appearance: A bejeweled ring of unfathomable value
    Item Description: Decreases attack cooldown (more than it did so before). Equipped to ring slot.

• Tiger Hat

Item Name: Acolyte’s Ring
    Appearance: A ring with a signet of a spooky ghost on it
    Item Description: Soul orbs pickups give double their amount. Increases soul power. Equipped to ring slot.

Item Name: Miser’s Band
    Appearance: A plain golden ring bejeweled with an oversized diamond
    Description: Increases value of gold pickups. Equipped to ring slot.

Item Name: Lively Loop
    Appearance: A green ring
    Description: Increases the value of health pickups and their likelihood of being dropped. Equipped to ring slot.

• Oh, I just casually made a post sort of recommending some items myself instead of noticing you had a thread already. Whoops! Either way though, devs for this game are very cool for how they seem to actually interact with their community. :D

• Patron

@richtaur said:

I had an idea for an “Owl Slayer” that basically one-shots owls ;)

If you create that item, make it relatively easy to find and increase owls health back up.

It seems like also we need overpowered rings to compete with Multi-strike Ring.

Last time I played the game multi-strike + Dual Daggers made you shoot three projectiles per attack. Shouldn’t it be four?

• Tiger Hat

@Josue said:

Last time I played the game multi-strike + Dual Daggers made you shoot three projectiles per attack. Shouldn’t it be four?

I thought at first too but if I recall rightly the ring description is very specific in that area to avoid confusion, something like “adds one extra projectile” or something.

• Patron

@Affordable_Desk said:

if I recall rightly the ring description is very specific in that area to avoid confusion, something like “adds one extra projectile” or something.

Oh, I thought it multiplied the quantity of projectiles by 2…

• LDG

@Josue said:

I had an idea for an “Owl Slayer” that basically one-shots owls ;)

I did add it, but it doesn’t reduce their health, it just kills them with one shot, whatever their health is.

• Patron

@richtaur said:

I did add it, but it doesn’t reduce their health, it just kills them with one shot, whatever their health is.

I think you misunderstood me…

But it is all my fault, I wasn’t clear enough in my suggestion.

I suggested two different things:

1. Make the Owl Slayer relatively easy to find in the Cemetery.
    2. De-nerf owls.

That way, experienced players (meaning those who have played the game before the Steam launch) get their challenging owls back by not using that item and new players can easily deal with owls.

• This also might be a good opportunity to give in to that request for the Monster Manual to not take up a book slot. Maybe you can make a charm that looks like a special monocle or something for studying the monsters. Unless you already solved that issue I don’t think I’ve used the monster manual since 2013.

• LDG

@Josue said:

I think you misunderstood me…

Ahh, gotcha. Ya know, I don’t think we have a way of determining what kinds of items appear in which zones anymore. I could be wrong but I believe that was flattened to simplify item drops. Its blueprint however is indeed in the cemetery!

@Affordable_Desk said:

This also might be a good opportunity to give in to that request for the Monster Manual to not take up a book slot. Maybe you can make a charm that looks like a special monocle or something for studying the monsters. Unless you already solved that issue I don’t think I’ve used the monster manual since 2013.

It’s interesting, that was an intentional design decision, although it’s one of those legacy decisions that we made before we knew much about this game… These days I still think having to decide is more interesting than not having to decide – if the Monster Manual doesn’t take a slot, of course you’d always want it. However, the Compass and Map already exist in a similar place, where they are passive bonuses with no equipment slot cost, so Monster Manual living there too sounds fine. SoI’ve got no problem with it but we’ve got those three other books we’d need to figure out what to do with. And we’re at the point where if it’s not extremely easy or game-breaking it probably won’t get done :)

• Tiger Hat

Bless Totem (Totem)
    Description: Created by a Paladin, threw it out when he found out he’d made a totem and not a shield…again.
    Effect: Decreases attack cooldown, buffs attack by 5
    SPECIFICS: While Raga is standing in the area of effect he fires faster and attack goes up, adjust accordingly with totem power

Vampire Totem (Totem)
    Description: Created by the same Paladin that made the bless totem, except this time he really screwed up.
    Effect: Drains enemy health
    SPECIFICS: While enemies are standing in the area of effect it transfers HP to Raga, about 2 a second for 5 seconds increasing with totem power to say about 4 a second for 5 seconds. Balance could be difficult.

One shoe (Shoes)
    Description: Where’s the other one?
    Effect: Varies Raga’s speed
    SPECIFICS: 2 seconds fast, 2 seconds slow.

Shoe hat (Hat)
    Description: I’m not wearing that on my head it’s a shoe!
    Effect: When combined with another particular shoe increases speed
    SPECIFICS: Super speed as in approaching/equal to Mithril vest if combined with “One Shoe”

Sky Captain Hat (Hat)
    Description: Originally worn by the man who invented the "Auto-copter Gyroglider"
    Effect: Unlimited dash
    SPECIFICS: Unlimited dash

Wizard’s special stardust shrooms (Charm)
    Description: Woah, I’m like a Lizard and I know a Wizard, it’s like a rhyme every time, oh god man that rhymed too, everything rhymes. Wait that didn’t. They took my rhymes man…
    Effect: Decreases attack, doubles health. Good trips and bad trips
    SPECIFICS: When health is above 50% all enemies looks like Melissa’s cupcakes and they fire Apples, when below fifty they all look like Death and fire spinning Civilians, this doesn’t actually change anything about their patterns, health or attacks or even hitboxes, just their sprites.

THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT PARTICULARLY DOABLE WITHOUT ENGINE TWEAK/CHANGE
    Blacksmith’s Hammer (Weapon)
    Description: A fat bearded guy had it.
    Effect: Increases attack cooldown. Causes knockback. Damage 10.
    SPECIFICS: About as slow as an axe but doesn’t bounce.

The Obnoxious Power Shirt of God (Torso)
    Description: God thinks he’s hilarious
    Effect: Doubles attack, health multiplies x10, causes permanent screen shake, Raga has to have a lie down after every room for 4 seconds, Life bar disappears, can’t eat food, Totems don’t work any more when you put them down they just scream loudly.
    SPECIFICS: When you have absolutely no more ideas left

Train (Boss)
    Description: Train
    Effect: Boss
    SPECIFICS: Train boss, train boss, train boss, train boss, train boss

• Penguin

@Elite said:

Item Name: Tiger Hat
    Appearance: Geoff’s Tiger Hat
    Item Description: But one of ten mystical tiger hats. To attain them all demands perfection. Increases all stats a little. Equipped to Head Slot.

I suggest that it doesn’t actually take up a head slot. Instead, one must collect these rare items and when you get to 10 you get an achievement (and maybe even a trading card!)

Achievement name: yay! You get 10 out of 10 tiger-hats!
    Description: too bad it means absolutely nothing!

• Tiger Hat

Are you implying Geoff’s Tiger Hat opinions are meaningless?

• Penguin

@Elite said:

Are you implying Geoff’s Tiger Hat opinions are meaningless?

I thought everyone already says that!