Lostcast 79

• Tiger Hat

Steamy Streamers - i Wonder what this episode is going to be about?

+10 to reputation for opening the thread. Even if I haven’t listened to the episode yet.

• LDG

@cheersphilip said:

Even if I haven’t listened to the episode yet.

That’s the LDG way!

• Patron

Heh, not much to say about this episode, really:

• Ahh… Guys, TotalBiscuit isn’t the most influencial Youtuber out there, at least in regards to rough numbers.
      Maybe he’s more respected, as he’s more of a serious reviewer, rather than a silly let’s player, but he has 1.682.817 subscribers, while PewDiePie has 27.844.499!
      It’s just ridiculous man! Every video Pewds puts out has at least 3M views, even if it’s just him playing Flappy Bird and making funny faces!

• Yeah man, Nintendo’s position in regards to Youtubers has been at least unhealthy.
      First, they started flagging and striking Youtubers for making Nintendo videos.
      Then, they said that, in order to make videos of Nintendo games, you have to give them a share of your earnings!
      I mean, these Youtubers are making free advertising for Nintendo! What’s the matter Reggie???
      Since them, most youtubers have completely stopped making Nintendo videos (except for @T2norway)…
      So sad…

• Penguin

@richtaur said:

@cheersphilip said:

Even if I haven’t listened to the episode yet.

That’s the LDG way!

10 tiger hats to @cheersphilip

• Tiger Hat

being a streamer is like being HBO… made me think: "almost except streamers (most) don’t show boobs every 10 minutes) :D

• Penguin

@richtaur I’m not sure I feel comfortable about you taking a 10-year-old’s allowance…

• LDG

@Macaronee said:

@richtaur I’m not sure I feel comfortable about you taking a 10-year-old’s allowance…

Uh oh, did I say something along those lines in the podcast? I’m about to get SUED aren’t I?!

• Tiger Hat

This post is deleted!

• Tiger Hat

@Macaronee said:

it’d be interesting to see what portion of some game companies’ revenue comes from kids allowances. Skylanders must get the majority of their income from allowance money.

• LDG

I totally remember being young, broke, and desperate for games. When the original Gauntlet came out for NES, it was $40 and I was “making” $2/week for allowance. Yep, it took 20 weeks (which feels like an eternity when you’re only 7 or something). So yeah I try to be empathetic :)