Huge fps lag during gold pickup / item destruction

• Picked the game up today on steam sale, and I really love it, i do however, get huge fps spikes when picking up gold and destroying items like barrels, which can really decrease the enjoyment.
    My computer should have no problems running the game what so ever, seeing as it’s fairly new and can easily run bigger games.
    So how do i fix it? Has any1 else had the same issue? Help greatly appreciated!

• LDG

@Urination Welcome to the forum and thanks for checking out the game. Sorry to hear you’re having some issues with the performance. Do you mind posting your operating system and version along with some general specs? I have a pretty moderate PC that doesn’t have much problem with the game.

That said, we do acknowledge that the game could be faster, especially when there are lots of zombies on the screen! We’ll be continuing to improve the performance as best we can.

• Certainly! I’m using windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    Memory: 8GB Ram
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs)

But the odd thing about it all is the amount of monsters doesn’t change one bit, i still lag if I’m in a small empty room, and just pick up a single node of 50 gold, that still lags me out, ofc not as much as say picking up 5 lumbs of gold at the same time, but still, there’s lag. So maybe it’s connected to the gold animation?

• Silly me, forgot graphic card, must be sleepy, sorries!
    Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4600
    Also just did some testing, and seems i was wrong in regards to it being on breaking objects, it is purely happening on gold pickup, so most likely something about the animation.
    Hope this helps!

• LDG

@Urination That helps quite a bit. If the lag is specific to the gold pickups then you’re probably right about it being something with their animations instead of a general performance issue. I’ll investigate.

• There are 3 things I could suggest that migth help.
    AWL:
    Avoid pulling a whole room, even if you feel like you can.

Hardware:
    Are you using a mouse or a controller? I assume a mouse?
    Try a controller, performance seems to be better.

HD Graphics 4600?
    So you’re playing on a notebook.
    How long do you play on average? (I know from experience with my own laptop that there are huge performance drops after while.)
    Even though this game doesn’t have the best graphics that doesn’t save you from the usual laptop problems. Try restarting it every 2 hours.

• @Sdric I can play for days on end, usualy my baby has zero to none problems even after a good 10 hour session of (semi) heavy games like diablo 3 on highest settings.

I actually wasn’t using a mouse, but a keyboard solely, but I’ll try the controller to see that does any difference - Thanks alot for your help!

• Still haven’t found a fix for this, furthermore i found that the lag intensifies ALOT if I have [abacus] - making it borderline unplayable

• LDG

Sounds like this might have something to do with the information numbers that appear when you pick up gold. These numbers also appear for damage you deal and take when you have the Abacus. Thanks for the extra info, I"ll look into the text performance.