A Wizard's Lizard Official Wiki

• Hey there!

I’ve been working on adding more info to the wiki over at http://awizardslizard.gamepedia.com, but I could use some more help if anyone wants to come edit with me!

My next project is going to be adding more pages about the monsters, their HP, movement patterns, etc., but there’s tons more that I haven’t been able to document yet…

• LDG

Welcome to the forum @crsbenjamin! Thanks for updating the wiki. I’ve been meaning to hit the wiki pretty hard but I’ve had other priorities recently :(

Who will join this fine citizen in updating the wiki?! To arms!

• Thanks @richtaur!

If anyone is interested but new to wikis, I’d be glad to provide help getting started, its easier than it might first seem! (Unlike AWL, which is the opposite, hehe)

• I’M not good at wikis and I don’t have the time to get into the topic - but feel free to use the information I gathered earlier:
    http://forum.lostdecadegames.com/topic/129/-spoilers-secrets-found-community-project
    To fill the wiki.
    Not everything might be up to date though - Arthur’s Lance vs ice doesn’t work anymore I think.
    Also the Den now requires a Key to open.

• LDG

Not everything might be up to date though - Arthur’s Lance vs ice doesn’t work anymore I think.

Confirmed!

• Tiger Hat

Just saying that I’ve been looking at the wiki and noticed how… empty it is.

I’ve taken it upon myself to fill up a few of the pages… and create some much-needed ones. In particular, Raga got a character page (I’ve included his background story, traits, and gameplay quirks but although I wished to include data on his beta version and the original Crypt Run protagonist he now replace, I’ve decided to wait until I got more infos before doing it).

I’ll be working on the characters’ page, in particular the playable and boss ones. I’ll also update the character list ; it has only three characters on it and the game got extra ones since.

• LDG

I’ve taken it upon myself to fill up a few of the pages… and create some much-needed ones.

That’s excellent, thanks @mew! I was actually going to mention the wiki when I saw your sweet fan-made manual :D

• Tiger Hat

Glad to know my contributions are appreciated!

I’ve got quite a few pages done and intend to do as many as I can, in particular regarding the characters (players, enemies, bosses) and the weapons. I may also redo the floors part.

Since I’m going entirely by the game and what I can elaborate/deduce from it, my grasp of the lore is not exactly uber-solid so if I make mistakes / wildly incorrect assumptions, feel free to correct them. Likewise, I’d like to fill up Raga’s section more as he has quite an interesting development history (the original protagonist + his design progression) but I’d like some sources about that. Could you link me to artwork/videos and maybe tell me what has changed regarding the main character, both gameplay and lore-wise (if applying)?

Note: You may send me the info via the forum’s chat if you don’t want me to clutter this thread. I don’t mind.

• LDG

The wiki is looking much more fleshed out! We’re gonna do implement some changes in the next few weeks, and once they’re in I’ll post here with some more info about Raga :D

• Hey @richtaur , any chance you would be willing to give us/me some icons to help flesh out all the new items/characters/baddies that have been added since the wiki was first populated? I’d love to get more of the equipment/armor/weapons filled in!

• LDG

Sure! I just threw the weapons/items up:

http://i.imgur.com/2sBOknU.png
    http://i.imgur.com/N9OvQEM.png

LMK if you have specific requests and I’ll getcha some files :)

Also WOW the wiki is coming along!

• Tiger Hat

Thanks for the pics! I’ve been having quite a bit of fun filling up the wiki, myself. You said something about more infos about Raga and what not… you intend to post them sometime? Just curious because, as mentionned before, I’d like to add the development history info to Raga’s page.

• @richtaur It’d be great to get a zip of individual icons if you had it already, otherwise I can definitely work with this!!

Also, most credit to @Mew for making lots of improvements!

• LDG

@CrsBenjamin said:

@richtaur It’d be great to get a zip of individual icons if you had it already, otherwise I can definitely work with this!!

I don’t, sorry. I’m sure that’s possible to do with an imagemagick script, I’ll throw it in the pile ;)

• Tiger Hat

By the way, watching videos of previous versions…

Noticed that the intro was reworked compared to the initial beta versions. Notably, in the previous version, the game started with Raga wide awake, stealing an apple from a chest the wizard forgot to lock instead of him simply sleeping on a carpet. Likewise, the wizard’s initial motivation was to revive a lost love instead of obtaining ever-lasting life. Likewise, Death had a longer dialogue and was a bit more vague.

The new version is definitely an improvement and I think that the wizard simply creating ever-lasting life is less cliche than bringing back to life a loved one (also makes more sense as for why Death would be so angry with him ; ever-lasting life means no one dies anymore, which would eliminate his grip over mortal life).

I feel the current version of the dialogue is almost as good as it can be ; my comic use the current dialogue almost to the letter though I picture Death as being more apathic and less angry. I am torn between suggesting having Death mention he’ll curse the town or not ; I feel that him not bothering to mention it make sense to show just how little he cares about the mortals’ opinions and Raga’s in particular (in my version, he just knock out Raga because his crying was annoying him) but then, I reckon that the additions in my portrayal works because Raga is not a silent protagonist in the comic.

I’d personally be interested in seeing the different versions of the intro, apart from the current and the last version’s. Could make for extra infos to the wiki, too.

On that note… now that I think about it… should I add the fan-manual I made to the main wiki? And if so… in what section?

• LDG

@Mew said:

different versions of the intro

Yeah we’ve iterated on it a few times. The HOPE is of course it’s getting better with each pass ;) I think the “lost love” idea was ditched cuz it would have required another character and yeah kinda cliche. I’m hoping to do at least one more iteration and I’ll keep your thoughts in mind! Very inspiring.

On that note… now that I think about it… should I add the fan-manual I made to the main wiki? And if so… in what section?

Feels like if that’s on the wiki it could go in the intro/tutorial section under a part like “History” or "Older versions maybe.