Motion / Tweening

• New to lostcast and in the handful of episodes I have listened to you guys have mentioned your motion-tweening engine that you use for your game-engine (gin?). And at one point I heard Matt talk about his paper-doll animation tool. Anyways, figured you guys are always on the lookout for general gamedev topics to talk about on the shows and figured a general conversation about animation design, workflow, etc might be a good episode.

To give some context. I’m actually using svg (snapjs) and after writing a handful of custom animation abstractions for repeating tweens and what not I realized I should find something else to do this for me. I had looked at greensock just for some ideas.

Maybe this has been covered in another episode and if so sorry for the duplicate. And do you have a link to the show? :)

• Patron

@mgan said:

New to lostcast and in the handful of episodes I have listened to you guys have mentioned your motion-tweening engine that you use for your game-engine (gin?). And at one point I heard Matt talk about his paper-doll animation tool. Anyways, figured you guys are always on the lookout for general gamedev topics to talk about on the shows and figured a general conversation about animation design, workflow, etc might be a good episode.

To give some context. I’m actually using svg (snapjs) and after writing a handful of custom animation abstractions for repeating tweens and what not I realized I should find something else to do this for me. I had looked at greensock just for some ideas.

Maybe this has been covered in another episode and if so sorry for the duplicate. And do you have a link to the show? :)

I don’t belive this has been covered yet, and I don’t know if @richtaur and @geoffb have any recommendations on the topic, as they use custom tools, but I would love to see some discussion about this topic on a future Lostcast.

P.S: It’s written as Djinn. I know, it’s unguessable!

• LDG

@geoffb recently redid Djinn’s tweening code, we’ll talk about it on the next ep :)